Finding an Elder Law attorney can be daunting. The elder law attorney that is a good fit for your families needs can help you navigate Medicaid planning and elder law needs. Zobuz’s recent article entitled “4 Tips for Hiring a Lawyer to Help with Medicaid Planning” says you may need to turn to an attorney who can help you with Medicaid planning.
Here are some factors in choosing the best elder law attorney for you:
- Referrals and Recommendations. Look for an elder law attorney in the National Elder Law Foundation or the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys database. You can also ask local agencies who work with seniors, such as the Alzheimer’s Association, AARP, as well as hospitals and nursing home social workers.
- Experience. Elder law attorneys specialize in legal and financial issues that affect seniors. This includes areas such as estate planning and Medicaid planning. Look for an elder law attorney who’s been successful in Medicaid planning and is board-certified in elder and special needs law.
- Fees. Be sure that you understand how fees are structured. You should get a client engagement letter that outlines the services he or she will provide, as well as the fees they charge.
- Customer Service. Dealing with Medicaid planning is a process that takes time. You need an elder law attorney you can contact when you have questions.
- Meet the Elder Law Attorney. Make sure you meet with the attorney in person for a consultation. This will help you to get a sense of his or her personality. Look for a lawyer who will speak to you in a way you can understand and clarify points as needed.
A Few Other Thoughts…
Remember: If you don’t feel at ease with the attorney, look elsewhere. You need to find someone you can trust. When you select an experienced and compassionate lawyer, such as Thomas A. Vick, to help with Medicaid Planning and other Elder Law concerns, you will secure your future care. Don’t risk your financial security or that of your family by waiting until it is too late.
Vick Law, P.C. is an established law practice concentrating on Elder Law and Estate Planning in the Greenwood and Indianapolis area. Book a consultation with Vick Law, P.C. today for a free consultation.
Reference: Zobuz (April 22, 2022) “4 Tips for Hiring a Lawyer to Help with Medicaid Planning”